Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taco Mac

Elmwood burger
Taco Mac

***

Decided my Brewniversity card needed a few more points so headed to the ale variety king. I went with the Elmwood at the waiter's suggestion. A char-grilled 8oz burger topped with Blue Cheese crumbles, crispy onion rings, lettuce, tomato, secret sauce and served on a cracked wheat bun. When the burger came, the first words out of my mouth were: "where's the beef". The waiter then said, "we have really big lettuce". After a few bites, I decided that the burger was flavorful but lacking still in the meat department. If that was 8oz it was either a really large collection of accoutrement or it had shrunk a lot in the cooking. If you are there I vote for the Tommyknocker Jack Whacker wheat ale over the burger but if you are hungry the burger does fill in the spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment