Friday, August 27, 2010

Hickory Pig Part 1


Pulled Pork sandwich
Hickory Pig

****

I don't think I have ever had such a crazy, tasty experience and ended up without a burger. I guess I should have had a few expectations about the experience from the line on the website that says "Please call before you come as we may have stepped away on a catering mission". Phil and Lil Bit were the gracious hosts. I was stunned at first when I asked for the famous Hickory burger and the said "we don't have any burgers".  After much grumbling, I ordered the yummy pork sandwich but I kept saying, "it's not a burger". I can easily see why they were voted #1 BBQ in Atlanta for 2010 as it was super tender and the sauce has a great flavor. Turns out when I mentioned about my little blog, the Hickory Pig only makes a certain number of burgers per day. Phil was very apologetic and said next time if I gave him a heads up ahead of time he would make sure to have a burger waiting for me. He proceeded to describe the burger making process until I had to wipe the drool off my chin. Then Phil and Lil Bit gave us a tour of the premises including the outside screened in dining area and a karaoke concert. As we were leaving, we got an added bonus. They gave my friend a cat to take home, like a parting gift from a game show. They are only open Tues & Wed 11-2 for "stew & cue" and Thurs-Sat 11-6 but don't forget to call first.

No comments:

Post a Comment