Thursday, August 12, 2010

Red Robin

Burnin' Love burger
Red Robin

***.5

I wasn't going to review any chain restaurants but per request I added Red Robin. They are always so friendly there and who can resist unlimited fries? They have a number of tasty sounding choices but I couldn't resist the jalapeno loaded Burnin' Love burger plus it appeals to my love of Elvis. Fried jalapeño rings, tangy salsa and spicy Pepper-Jack cheese layered on top of a cayenne-seasoned and served on a jalapeño-cornmeal kaiser roll with chipotle mayo. It certainly sounds like it is going to be a 4 alarm fire in your mouth of taste but it is more like a burning trashcan that you can throw a splash of water on. It is tasty but it didn't even make me take a sip of my water. It's as if the jalapenos had all been homogenized down to pale shadows of their former glory. Probably it is so that the burger can appeal to a wider audience of eaters afraid of spicy foods.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Red Robin! My favorite RR burger is the Royal. It's a cheeseburger with the works-and a fried egg! I know, it sounds horrible, but it's astoundingly good! And, I believe it comes with a complimentary angioplasty coupon.

    ReplyDelete