Thursday, August 26, 2010

Highland Tap

Award winning Tap Steak Burger
Highland Tap

****.5

Word of warning but maybe this only applies to silly blondes: if you are going to eat in Virginia Highlands, know which part you are going to. I parked halfway down Highland and started walking in heels to discover I was headed wrong direction, completely my fault but it helped build up the appetite. The Highland Tap is a basement restaurant so street level there is just a funky sign and a set of steep stairs leading down. I am sure there must be a handicapped entrance somewhere but I had enough trouble finding the front door. The actual restaurant is very chic and classy. The waiter was super friendly and very helpful. As I waited for  my burger I could see flames shooting up in the kitchen and my tummy growled thinking about the hickory grilled flavor being seared into it. The hamburger was a beautiful dark pink color when I bit into it. Immediately I wanted to start licking the whole outside of the burger because it had so much flavor. Can you get in trouble for tonguing a burger in public? Per the menu the burgers are ground in-house so I don't know if it's the freshness or just the flavored flames but this burger was definitely the tastiest. I could have eaten 3 more but my stomach would have argued with me about that. 10 oz of perfection and I chose to top it with some jalapenos and avocado. It comes with a grilled sweet onion too and I wouldn't want to try to kiss me after I gobbled that down. I definitely plan on trying a steak from here next!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment