Friday, January 21, 2011

The Vortex Bar and Grill

The Vortex Bar and Grill
Black 'N' Spicy Burger

****.5

I'm really glad I don't live closer to the Vortex or I might be one of those people that need the side of their house removed so that they can go somewhere. I definitely would be rolling on a Rascal. I had totally planned on hitting the Vortex before the Blue Man show and jamming out on a full belly. Alas Atlanta traffic disagreed with my plans and I had enough time to park and run to meet the rest of the group at the Livingston. Time for an awesome apple cocktail and then off to the show. So my tummy was growling big time before I made it to the Vortex. It was a crowded Friday night and I squeezed up to the bar to order. I am trying to make my way through all of their burgers so I went for the Black 'N' Spicy to warm me up. Covered in Cajun spices, blackened and topped with roasted red peppers & pepperjack cheese it seemed like perfect option of spicy without being painfully hot. A side order of sweet potato fries and a granny smith Woodchuck cider rounded out my Death Row final meal wish list. The girl sitting next to me was a Vortex virgin so I gave her a few pointers. You can never go wrong with spicy, burger, sweet potatoes & apple products in some combination

1 comment: