Sunday, January 16, 2011

Buns & Shakes

Burger & Shakes
16 Oz Round Brown

****.5

Let me start off by shouting to the rooftops about how great this restaurant is: delicious food, GREAT prices and friendly folks. I was really hesitant about coming because all the stars seem to be fated against it. I found the restaurant on Scout Mob and thought  "this sounds like just my kind of place". I punched it in the GPS and headed over only to realize I had left my purse at the last place I had been. I rushed back hitting every red light along the way and getting stuck behind a million people that decided to turn left at the last minute or without a signal. I considered just giving up and going home but had my tummy growling thinking about the burger and yummy shake options. Then I got stuck behind the street cleaning crew all the way down the street. I m so glad I persevered! First off, Sundays it is free parking on the street in front of the restaurant. It is in the midst of the Ga State campus so I am sure they get a lot of student crowd. There was tvs to watch the game and many drink options. I went straight for the big guns with the 16 oz burger and was ecstatic to see they had sweet potato fries. The BEST sweet potato fries in my life I might add! Although I thought the caramel dipping sauce was too sweet but a little bit was definitely a treat. Speaking of treats, the Snickers shake I had while waiting for my burger was full of chocolaty, chunky goodness. The burger was 2 giant 8 oz patties with crisp Romaine tucked between the buns. Very juicy and flavorful. This might just be silliness on my part but I loved the sink in the bathroom and all the record albums decorating the joint. Definitely not an "upscale" kind of place but a place to get tasty food and a fully belly. I was glad I had the Ipod set on dance playlist for the drive home to try to work off some of those calories.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer!

    So great meeting you last night at Blue Man group. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing it. Now I'm absolutely starving though. Gotta go find MEAT!

    Hope to see you again soon :)

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete