Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bocado

Bocado
Bocado burger stack

**
I had been looking forward to eating at Bocado as it had been mentioned in a few of the best burger lists for Atlanta. I got to the restaurant about 30 minutes after dinner started so I almost had the place to myself. It is very open and chic looking. It looks like there is a nice patio for when the weather is nicer, as well. I was very excited to see JK Scrumpy on the beer menu since I didn't think I would see it outside of the Chicago area being an organic cider product. The waiter was very nice and got excited when I told him I was doing a burger blog. He said their burger was "layers of flavor" and that people would say "if they had a better burger they couldn't remember it".  I was certainly eager to try it after the hype. On first glance I was a little disappointed because for a $12 hamburger you do expect it to look really good. I really think it tasted and looked a lot like a Whopper without the special sauce. Two very thin, greasy burgers with unmelted American cheese squares plopped atop. I actually thought the burgers were pieces of bacon when I first saw them. Also he had twisted my arm (not very hard) to get the garlic fries instead of the regular but failed to mention it was a $1 upcharge. I realize that isn't much but considering how un-garlicy they tasted I didn't think it was worth an extra $1. I definitely would go back for the atmosphere, friendly folks and JK Scrumpy but I wouldn't try the burger stacks again. I guess the stack in the name should have been a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment