Saturday, September 25, 2010

Farm Burger

Fresh burger with super fresh toppings
***
First off I want to stress the importance of looking closely at addresses. I was lost for an hour trying to find the restaurant because I thought it said 4108 and it was actually 410b. Slight difference. I was interested in trying their burgers because they made a point of telling you how fresh everything is. "Our burgers are made from 100% grassfed beef that is dry-aged for two weeks and ground daily. Our cows are raised on the sweet grasses of the southeast, and never fed antibiotics, hormones, or grain. Our menu is seasonal and sourced from local farms." I was practically expecting to pick my cow from out back. The restaurant itself is very small and cute. The little canning jars with metal silverware was a neat idea and there was a blackboard listing the local farms they had received products from. My sweet potato fries were yummy but tasted possibly baked. They were lacking something in flavor. The vegetables on my burger : jalapenos, lettuce, red onions, tomatoes and roasted garlic were delicious as was the mystery FB sauce. (The cashier did actually name off the ingredients to me but they were too many to remember). The disappointment was the burger. I honestly couldn't even find it to have to show in the picture and it tasted equally forgettable. I love the concept it just needs a tiny but more flavor either that or come back and just get a vegetable sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment