Friday, September 3, 2010

Ram Restaurant and Brewery

BeHemoth burger challenge
Ram Restaurant and Brewery
****.5
I had researched restaurants to check out before I went to Chicago and the Ram sounded good before I discovered the BeHemoth challenge. The menu just said "5+ pound burger, bursting with too many toppings to mention and all the fix'ns in one sitting." I thought to myself- "I think I have had at least a 2 lb burger no problem, I can do this." Then the burger actually came. It was bigger than my head! Plus it wasn't just 3 pounds of burger, it also had mayo, Anaheim pepper straws, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, Havarti, country ham, lettuce, pickle chips, sauteed mushrooms, hickory smoked bacon, mustard, corned beef, American cheese and tomato plus I had to eat the fries. I decided the best plan of attack was to hack away at it with my knife to make bite size pieces. I had actually eaten almost 2/3 of the burger in the first 30 minutes when I hit the meat wall. I spent the next 90 minutes being cheered on by family and fellow restaurant goers. Of course the last thing in the world I wanted to do was take another bite. Finally, I was able to swallow that killer last bite. I decided I might not ever want another burger. Turns out I was the first female EVER to eat the entire thing and only the 81st person chain wide to finish! Of course I walked around looking pregnant for the next 2 days & couldn't even bare the thought of red meat.

1 comment: