Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kuma's Corner

Plague Bringer burger
Kuma's Corner
*****

I had read lots of good things about this place so I knew I couldn't miss out. The outside is so cute, it is on the corner of a building so I assume that's where the name came from. Inside there is heavy metal playing and lots of unique art both on the walls, the waitresses and the patrons. The beer list was as unique as the burgers so I had a hard time choosing. I finally decided on the J.K. Scrumpy's hard cider which not only sounded tasty but came in a 22 oz bottle. I decided on the Plague Bringer burger because it sounded delicious and I didn't have to worry about kissing any time in the near future. I knew ahead of time these were 10 oz burgers but I think it is 10 oz after cooking as compared with everyone else's measurements before cooking. I watched customer after customer have to box up the remainder of their burger but I knew I could handle it. Plus I had crappy food the night before so I was dying for something tasty. The couple sitting next to me said they were there from Iowa and never missed it when they were in town and actually knew Plague Bringer and had eaten their burger with them. It must be a good burger if the band it's named after approves of it. My mountainous burger arrived on a unique pretzel bun with waffle fries. Roasted garlic mayo, tortilla strips, hot sauce, fresh garlic, pepper jack, and sliced jalapenos were piled up high on it. I took a few bites as I rotated my burger, like an ice cream cone trying to get to the goodies inside. Tortilla chips were flying everywhere and jalapenos kept trying to escape. Even without all the yumminess on top, the burger itself was really delicious. I luxuriated in my burger and Scrumpy's for about 2 hrs before I decided that I could use the 6 block walk to the subway to be able to buckle my pants. Definitely a can't miss if I have to go back to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment