Friday, October 8, 2010

Bandera

Cheeseburger
Bandera
***

This restaurant had come highly recommended plus it was close by my hotel so I set out to try it. First of all, I have definitely inherited my mother's sense of direction because I walked several blocks in the wrong direction before I realized the numbers were getting bigger instead of smaller. I turned around and headed back the correct direction but when I got to the address there was a private condo. I walked passed it and double checked the address. I went back and stood in front of the condo again and finally went in and asked the concierge, turns out there was more than one 535. I go back 2 doors and there is still no sign but 2 skinny doors leading to an escalator and a fur company. At the top of the stairs I finally find Bandera and decide they are going to for the chic word of mouth thing and not counting on people just popping in. I sit down at the bar as a jazz band starts playing behind me. I was surprised when the burger came out because I have never had a burger cut into 3 pieces before. It was sweet and tasty, I almost expected it to be a horror movie and them to come out and tell me I was eating Aunt Sue or something. It was tasty and enjoyable and the atmosphere made me feel like I was a hip big city girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment