Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cafe di Sol

Andy's burger
Cafe di Sol
*****
I have been dreaming about this burger since I tried the baby version at the Battle of the burgers. The restaurant itself is a cute, quirky example of the Virginia/Poncey Highlands area. There is a tiny parking lot next door and they were selling great smelling food on the curb. There is also a cute open patio out front that was lit up with small red lights at night. Inside the restaurant I wished I had an excuse to sit on the comfy couch facing the bar. There were a bunch of really interesting sounding martinis on the list too like expresso & grapefruit rosewater. Everything I tried was absolutely delicious. Starting with pan seared shrimp in some super tasty sauce. The burger itself was heavenly: Angus ground chuck, Gruyere, garlic-herb roasted Shiitakes with garlic aioli. I was licking my fingers by the time I was done. I even got to try 2 different desserts: brownie sundae and the Panna Cotta. The brownie sundae was fudgey & super delicious. I had never had Panna Cotta but it was really creamy and delicious. It tasted almost like a light cheesecake. I would definitely bring friends to this place the next time I am trying to impress them.

No comments:

Post a Comment