Monday, August 1, 2011

Marlow's Tavern

Marlow's Tavern
Tavern Burger
**

I was really looking forward to trying Marlow's burger. I had heard really good things about it and the sample food they were serving as a teaser before they opened was great. I guess I will have to try the restaurant again when they have been open a little longer, maybe they don't have their sea legs yet. I waited almost 40 minutes for a table but that is the usual for anywhere new in Forsyth county. I liked the way the had redone the inside of the restaurant. You  would never guess it used to be a pizza place. When my burger arrived, it looked good except (of course) they made my medium somewhere closer to hockey puck status. After a few bites, I decided the only flavor on the burger was apparently sealed in the outer layer, almost as if the burger had been dipped in some flavoring or rolled in some type of rub. Maybe they were so busy for opening week that the cook got distracted and dropped it in the grill. There was an odd taste, maybe it was cleaning fluid from the underneath part of the grill. I will come back again fr another try but mostly because I have a coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment